LMDefense provides consulting and brokering services to help U.S. defense companies do business overseas. Drawing on our expertise in the U.S. defense industry and an extensive network of contacts in the international community, we guide our clients through every step of the international sales process.
We work with a range of defense companies from across the U.S., helping them generate millions of dollars in new business in Latin America.
Our clients approach us for help achieving the following objectives:
- To reduce their dependence on the U.S. market by expanding internationally,
- To control the risk of doing business abroad by working through the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) system, and
- To improve the effectiveness of their business development efforts by connecting directly with foreign decision-makers.
We bring value to our clients in the following ways:
- More effective and efficient approach to the international defense market.
- Growth in bookings, revenues and profit derived from a new and expanded customer base.
- Offset fluctuations in the U.S. defense market by expanding international sales.
- Synergies between your homeland defense and international efforts for improved efficiency.
We generally work through one of two models:
Our consulting program is designed to position defense companies to enter the international market or expand their existing efforts. We focus on identifying the most promising opportunities and creating a strategy to effectively pursue leads. Our activities under this model may include the following:
- ￼￼Develop a strategy for international sales through FMS and/or DCS
- Perform market analysis to identify the most promising international markets
- Research target markets to identify decision-makers and upcoming procurements
- Connect with the target country’s military attaché in Washington, DC
- Screen and select in-country sales representatives
- Assist in navigating the FMS process
Consulting and Sales Services Support:
This option describes a longer-term engagement with the client to actively develop international sales. It includes the consulting services described above, plus our active support in connecting with potential clients, developing leads, and competing in international procurements. We serve as a liaison with foreign decision-makers and USG offices involved in international sales and FMS.
We would be happy to discuss your needs to evaluate whether LMDefense might be a good fit for your business. Give us a call or contact us through our webpage.
Homepage photo credit: Humvee